1-3 DAYS BEFORE RACE DAY
Upload Bib/Chip data to participants
- Remember to occasionally check a sample chip to make sure the bib and
chip combination is the same as what is showing in the software.
Add late entries if needed
- Remember to add late entries before uploading bib/chip data.
Define timing points
- Check distance defined for each timing point created.
Send email message with Athlete-link
- Send email message though Lapio messages to all participants with their
Athlete-link. With this link participants can connect their social media
accounts allowing results to post directly to Facebook and Twitter.
- Make sure to charge the reader until the charger light is green.
Helpful Hint: Some readers come with a charger while other come with a power supply. If you have a reader with a charger, make sure you allow adequate time to fully charge. Some readers drain the battery before recharging.
Remember to bring:
LAN Network Ethernet Cables
Additional chips for testing
Additional power to the reader/computer
Additional computers for volunteers
Additional computers/iPads for participants to view results
30 MINUTES BEFORE RACE START
USB key is inserted in reader(s)
Connect the internet to computer
Open Lapio Connect
Find Race and press "Time It"
Press "Find reader"
Now the reader should be connected to Lapio Connect and data can be streamed live.
Take a " foreign" chip and run it across the matts.
If data is streaming correctly the below 3 things should occur when testing:
1) Check if there are readings in Lapio Connect.
2) Look in the Timing tab of Lap.io and confirm there is a chip reading that does not belong to
3) Check the results for a chip reading labeled "GHOST". This reading is only viewable by race
START OF RACE
Check the box "Readings from the starting line" IF you want start readings. If you do not (Ex: Triathlon) then leave this box unchecked.
To start the race press “start” - The time changes to a stopwatch (race time calculated) and the “fired gun” sound will be heard.
The race has now begun.
If you have start readings, remember to uncheck "readings from the starting line " to stop the start readings.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - MUST DO THIS TO RECEIVE FINISH LINE RESULTS
Helpful Hint: Keep a reminder in your hand until all have run through the start so you remember to turn it off.
If data stops streaming during the race, check the following:
- LAN cable is connected
- Internet is connected
- Reader is receiving power
If you have checked the above items and data is still not streaming correctly, call your nearest support contact or email firstname.lastname@example.org.