The below instructions will walk you through how to setup multiple races using Lapio's Race ID feature.
When timing multiple races you need to make sure that each “race” has their own individual timing points.
Example of a typical setup:
- If you don´t use “age and gender based categories”, then wait with this setup until registration closes. Once registration has closed you can assign categories and timing points the correct Race ID.
- If you do use "age and gender based categories", here is how it looks:
1. Go to Categories --> Action --> Check the box “age and gender based categories”.
2. Click add category and enter race specific information.
In this case there are four options:
Enter the Race ID that matches each specific category, and continue specifying the distance for all categories.
3. Go to Timing Points --> Now you need to create the timing points that match the distances.
Here you add a timing point for each individual Race ID.
In this case, there is only a finish time and no other split points and we need one split point for each Race ID.
After adding these, you will have four races in one race.
- Your result list will also consist of four races, and you will have to select a specific category in order to find results within it.
You will automatically see the overall winners of the individual races as well as other categories you have created.
HOW TO SETUP YOUR CATEGORIES EFFICIENTLY
In order to easily view results, you need to create and name categories in a uniform way.
An example is shown below:
Male / Female 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon + age groups 18-40 / 41-90
5F1840 5K, female, 18-40 years
5M1840 5K, male, 18-40 years
5F4190 5K, female, 41-90 years
5M4190 5K, male, 41-90 years
10F1840 10K, female, 18-40 years
10M1840 10K, male, 18-40 years
10F4190 10K, female, 41-90 years
10M4190 10K, male, 41-90 years
HMF1840 Half marathon, female, 18-40 years
HMM1840 Half marathon, male, 18-40 years
HMF4190 Half marathon, female, 41-90 years
HMM4190 Half marathon, male, 41-90 years
MF1840 Marathon, female, 18-40 years
MM1840 Marathon, male, 18-40 years
MF4190 Marathon, female, 41-90 years
MM4190 Marathon, male, 41-90 years
Categories will be shown as below on the results page:
- Overall 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Marathon Results
- Individual Age Group Results
HOW TO CREATE SIMPLE OVERVIEW BY MERGING CATEGORIES
If you desire more result views, (Ex: Best 5K Women), you need to create a category to filter the results.
**DON’T create these before registration is closed**
Code "5F%" Name "5K Female Overall"
This will gather the participants from the two female age groups in the 5K category
Code "MM%" Name "Marathon Male Overall"
This will gather the participants from the two male age groups in the marathon category.
The symbol % will gather categories
- You need to create uniform categories so there is an understanding of the info you want to gather before you open registration.
Remember to keep the same format when creating categories. Whether you list gender, distance or age group first, you should continue the same format throughout the entire race setup.
If you need additional help, contact Lapio support at email@example.com